Book Review: I Feel Bad about My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron

I Feel Bad about My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a WomanI Feel Bad about My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a short little book (137 pages) with stories about getting older, the past, purses and threading, among many other things. I read it in one morning, in between doing laundry and eating breakfast, before going to the gym. Nora Ephron is a very famous writer for movies. You've very likely seen her stuff. She doesn't spend a lot of time on that, though. She talks about various things in her life, including her pretty amazing life in New York from her time as a young woman to the time the book was written, in her 60's. She's funny in an understated way, but I burst out laughing a few times. I read parts aloud to my husband. She's a smart lady. I have little in common with Ms. Ephron. She's been married 3 times, she's a famous movie person, she's a Democrat, she's a wealthy New Yorker and she knows a lot of celebrities. I am not any of that - but still - she's very relatable. You may need to be of a certain age to enjoy this book. I am near 50 (to even write that shocks me). It's a nice enjoyable book for a Sunday morning or afternoon.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Death of a Ghost (Hamish Macbeth, #32) by M.C. Beaton

Book Review: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke