In the Beginning

So, this is me and my name is Annie. I'm a 45 year old wife and mom. I work from home, so I don't get out much, mostly by personal choice. My husband says I'm a hermit, which is cool with me.

This blog is an attempt to change some things, with accountability. I'm not going to tell anyone in particular about it, but if people want to read, that's cool with me, too.

As you can see in the picture, I am wearing an old football sweatshirt from when my son played, years ago. I have my hair, which is waist-length and straight, in a ponytail. It's almost always in a ponytail or up in a clip. I used to spend hours on my hair. It was the 80s and I had Big Hair and it was DID UP RIGHT. I also am not wearing makeup and what you can't see is that I am also wearing sweatpants, mens' size medium. This is appalling to my teenage daughter, who wears at least two different outfits everyday, depending on her activities. In a nod to fashion, I have on leopard print fuzzy socks.

The crisis started for me yesterday when I measured the smallest part of my waist and came up with a 36. As in inches. I did it again, two more times, just to make sure. The tape did not lie. I was pretty much in shock. I am 5 foot 4 inches tall and weigh 175 pounds, which is 40 more than when I got married 22 years ago. I wear pants with an elastic waist more days than not, and sweatshirts in pretty colors are dressy to me, because I am super-fancy.

So, I am starting this blog to recount my attempts to do one thing every day, or maybe every couple of days, to go from glum to glam, awkward to awesome and frumpy to fabulous.

So for today, I waxed my upper lip and chin. I have wonderful hardy Polish-German roots, and they hold on to hair like it's their last meal. I won't share photos, because that is very gross.

I want to leave you with a fun treat, so here are my dogs:



Annie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster

Homemade Oven Cleaner Test

Book Review: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke